Standard Rules Under Owners Corporation
Under the Standard Rules Under Owners Corporation, the following regulations apply to the use of common property and lots:
Reg 407, 906 Subdivision (Body Corporate) regulations 1989
SUBDIVISION ACT 1988
Use of common property and lots
A member must not, and must ensure that the occupier of a member’s lot does not:
- Use the common property or permit the common property to be used in such a manner as to unreasonably interfere with or prevent its use by other members, occupants of lots or their families.
- Park or leave a vehicle on the common property to obstruct a driveway, entrance to a lot or in any place that in a parking area specified for such purpose by the body corporate.
- Use or permit a lot affected by body corporate to be used for any purpose which may be illegal or injurious to the reputation of the development or may cause hazard to any other member, occupier of any lot and visitors or family of any member or occupier.
- Make or permit noise in the common property which may affect other members, occupiers or body corporate.
- Make or permit noise from music or machinery which may be heard outside the owners’ lot between the hours of 12am and 8.00am.
- Keep any animal on a lot that may affect the body corporate or common property. Must be given notice by the body corporate that resolves animal nuisance or noise complaints.