Metro’s core business is property management; we understand property management better than many others and most importantly, we love property management!
Our clients choose to do business with us because they know us, like us and they trust us. (Don’t believe us? Just check out what they have say on our constantly updated Testimonials page).
Unlike the local real estate agents, Metro manages properties – here, there & everywhere!®. Our clients love the one point of contact for all their property needs. In fact we look after properties in over 260 suburbs across Melbourne!
We research and understand the market all over Melbourne and have built alliances with numerous key investment companies and developers enabling us to provide you with relevant investment information. We are seen as the experts in this field.
Metro also has a specialised and dedicated leasing team. Their key role is to remain proactive and implement strategies which minimize vacancies, finds the best tenant for you and ensures that owners are kept up to date and informed.
We constantly invest in training and technology ensuring that you as an owner are represented by experts in their field. Leah Calnan our Director is in fact an industry trainer herself and views continual training to be extremely important to the self development of each team member at Metro.
Metro is your long term property partner and we are confident that we can exceed your expectations and look forward to establishing a long term relationship with you for many years to come.
Meet the Director
Leah Calnan, Metro’s sole Director, is one of the industry’s most dedicated, accomplished and senior Property Management practitioners. Leah lives and breathes Property Management. As an investor herself she understands the importance of having a great property manager to work with. Leah states “The most enjoyable aspect of my role would now be the long term relationships I have established over the years and whilst clients have seen my life evolve, I have seen many improve their own futures through property. I truly love what I do!”.
Leah’s accomplishments include:
- Being a fully licensed Estate Agent;
- Holding a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- Having over 20 years experience. Leah is well respected within the industry and is a ‘hands on’ Director;
- Winner of the REIV Residential Property Manager of the Year 2010;
- Finalist REIA Residential Property Manager of the Year 2011;
- Finalist REIV Residential Property Manager of the Year 2011, 2012 & 2013 (Principals Category);
- Finalist in the AREA (Australian Real Estate Awards) Property Manager of the Year 2013;
- Winner of the Australian Real Estate Business – Metropolitan Property Manager of the Year 2014 & 2016;
- Member of the Family Violence Housing Assistance Implementation Taskforce
- Has spoken at the Australasian Residential Property Managers, The Leading Property Managers of Australia & Real Estate Results events;
- Is a regular contributor to API Magazine, Herald Sun & The Age. Author of a Property Management based blog for the Property Observer website and for the Residential Property Managers Online website;
- Current Board Member – REIV;
- President 2019-2021 – REIV;
- Is the current chair of the REIV Members Council;
- Longstanding member of the REIV Property Management Chapter;
- Board member of the m.a.d. woman (Make A Difference) Foundation
- Oversees a team of 33;
- Is a working mum with 3 children and;
- Is the published Author of – ‘Simple and Successful Property Management’