Once your rental application has approved by the landlord, a MetroPM leasing specialist will be in touch to share the good news with you.
Upon your verbal acceptance of the lease, we’ll send a confirmation email requesting written confirmation. We’ll then invite you to sign all necessary tenancy documentation digitally, a lease agreement and bond lodgement form.
To secure the property, we ask you to transfer the bond and first month’s rent into our bank account within the following 24 hours.
Once we receive and clear your bond and first month’s rent, we will organise an appointment for key collection from our Metro HQ in Surrey Hills. Further documentation such as your property condition report will needs to be completed digitally once you have collected keys.
Your leasing specialist will provide you with a ‘MetroPM Welcome Pack’ which contains a handy booklet detailing the following:
- Important contact details for electricity, gas and water services
- Your DEFT number and reference code to help you pay your rent online
- Information on maintenance and repairs including our exclusive maintenance email address and urgent emergency repair contact
- Property managers’ email addresses and contact numbers
- Tips for checking ‘quick fix’ maintenance items
- Moving home checklists
- Form for updating your contact details with us
- Maintenance and picture hook request forms
- Tips relating to renting a new home
As a MetroPM tenant, know that your dedicated property manager will support you throughout your lease – from move in, to maintenance and beyond.